Friday, May 26, 2006

I'm the third container on the left.


I know. You're wondering if I actually pulled the trigger and moved into a shipping container. Look at it! It's incredible. How can one resist the bright blue paint or the heavy swinging doors? Well, you can't. Take a look at these cans.



Now, can you resell them? Sure, but as I'm learning by trying to sell my current home, the more details you have that are a little out of the main stream, the harder it is to sell. Of course, unless you're willing to give it away. Will your neighbors hate you? I sure hope so! I mean, why wouldn't any reasonable family be jealous of the rockin' forward thinkers who live in a house made from steel shipping containers? C'mon! Now, go to these two links 1 & 2 to see a bunch of great designs and uses of these menacing shipping containers.

Anyway, you'd want to build one of these beauties out on some land on the edge of a lake. That way you could fish off the second story deck just outside your bedroom. And with a little more flat land so when you got bored of fishing in your underwear, you can cut the grass of your regulation sized soccer field. Just so you know, that will require an extra 4 acres so you can rotate the direction of play when you notice the first sign of wear in the goal mouths. Build one like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home